When is it Time to Eliminate Colleges from your List?
Trimming your college list:
- Recheck each college to be sure they have your major interests and programs you are interested in.
- Recheck each college to make sure the campus offers you interesting things to do and extracurricular activities you want to participate in.
- Recheck the size of the college. Do you want the anonymity of a large university or the friendlier atmosphere of a small college? If you like small colleges, you could still apply to large universities with stellar Honors Colleges which would give you the advantages of both, if you qualify for honors.
- The atmosphere of the school. Recheck it! You can depend on the Fiske Guide to Colleges to guide you here. Is the culture too competitive, religious, too open, or too structured? They are all different, look for the atmosphere you want.
- Have you visited the college? Colleges look very different on paper than they do in person. If you cannot visit, check a YouTube video of the university and see what you think.
- Rethink location. Rural? Suburban? Small town? Large city?
- Expense. Think about the ability to pay, but remember there are merit scholarships and scholarships available as well as financial aid.
These are a few factors to consider when you need to cut down your college list. I know it can be challenging! Good luck!
Book a meeting for a Free Consultation here!